Our profession is advancing rapidly and changing almost daily, posing new challenges to the supply management professional. As our industry evolves, so does professional training. We are the only supply management association that provides training in all areas of our supply management profession.
Please visit our Education Calendar for upcoming events!
We are in the process of updating our training portfolio. Below outlines the classes available on-site or via Zoom:
- "Defending Against Supplier Price Increases" (2 hours)
- "Best Practices in Collaborative Cost Reduction with Suppliers" (2 hours)
- "Effective Negotiations" - Several options
- "Principles of Legal Contracting" (4 hours)
- "Writing a Best Practice Statement of Work" (4 hours)
If you are interested in any of these classes or have other training needs, contact Randy Christoffersen, Executive Director, or 612.801.8796.
Don't forget our monthly Professional Development Meetings!
Over the last few years, manufacturers have considered making significant changes to their network footprints in response to global disruptions and an uncertain geopolitical landscape. While some companies are starting to put those plans into action, many are still evaluating whether and how to change their manufacturing locations.
Register to join us in this interactive webinar where we will explore
- Trends in nearshoring and reshoring
- Considerations for leading companies when deciding on shoring strategy changes
- Credits and incentives that can help fund strategic investments
- A practical framework to help your company optimize its shoring strategy
Nearly every company has single and sole-source suppliers in their supplier network. These relationships provide significant value, but also present many challenges.
At our December meeting, Kent Kolstad, ISM-Twin Cities president and strategic sourcing manager, will present on effective negotiations with single and sole-source suppliers.
Join the executive leaders from ISM and Resilinc as they come together as part of a quarterly series to discuss the latest and emerging risks and disruptions impacting global supply chains. ISM CEO Tom Derry and Resilinc CEO Bindiya Vakil will also provide insights based on respective data and research from both organizations.